|
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 On 28th March 2009, from 8.30pm to 9.30pm, people living in Singapore will switch off their lights for Earth Hour and send a powerful global message that we need to take action on climate change. I think that it is a very good activity as for the first time in history, it gives people of all ages, nationalities, race and background an opportunity to cast their vote for earth and I will definitely take part in this activity.About 20 government agencies, 29 NGOs and associations, 57 hotels, 61 educational institutions, 101 buildings and monuments and 311 companies in Singapore pledged to take part in Earth Hour this year. I think that it is good to see so many people participating in this activity to fight climate change actively. I think that we should have this for every month as this can reduce global warming. And besides switching off lights, we should also reduce the use of unnecessary electrical items such as air-conditioners and water-heaters. We should also recycle items such as plastic containers. If we use the plastic containers only once and we dispose them, they will be burned and burning plastic will produce harmful gases and greenhouse gases that traps sunlight and causes global warming. JQ [unheard.whispers] 6:41 PM |
calling.for.you Name : JQ recent.calls SS Email To Cousin About The Trip To Old Fort Fact... forgotten.past January 2009 friends Ms Lee thank.you blogger waiting {kairi}, designed by Clone, only at BlogSkins |
